The second in my “I made this months years ago and only had the energy to post about it now” seriesis this knitted saddle shoulder jumper. I’d wanted to knit a saddle shoulder jumper for a while, but never found the right pattern. Seeing as I alter most patterns I use beyond recognition anyway, I figured it was the right time to just draft the damn thing myself.
Sometimes it takes a bit of ordinary wear to fully iron out the kinks of a project, and that’s exactly what happened with my Bronwyn jumper. The ribbed neckband, which seemed just right before blocking, stretched out to a more open neck after a good soak. Continue reading “Rethinking Brownyn”
Last I wrote about my Bronwyn jumper, it was destined for the frog pond. With so many issues I couldn’t face ripping and reknitting the sleeves yet again, nor doing the calculations to make them fit the seamed yoke shaping, particularly not in a complex cable pattern. It took some time away for me to realise I couldn’t give up that close to finishing, so I put on my patternmaker hat, finished the sleeve maths and then the jumper itself, an exact year after casting on.